The theory is simple, right? Maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy and working out and your fitness goal is met. Ultimately that is correct, but everyone falls off the wagon now and again. Don’t despair, I have a few tips to get that hot body back and get bikini-ready in no time. Just remember, to see results quickly you have to be strict. These hardcore tips are for a 3-week period of time. Once completed, resume a healthy diet and workout routine to maintain a wholesome, healthy lifestyle.
1. Get a 45 minute cardio session in first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, before a meal. This is something you should incorporate into your everyday routine, even after the 3 week kick-start session is complete. There are many thoughts on working out before on an empty stomach. I’ve found that it increases my metabolism and gives me an energy boost. It’s like my coffee in the morning. The scientific theory is that in the morning, your muscles glycogen stores are depleted. When this occurs, your body turns to fat for fuel. Burn that fat, baby!!
2. Water, water, water! I can’t stress it enough. You can shed water weight by drinking more water because your body isn’t trying to hold on to what you have. Another plus, it makes you feel full. So I suggest drinking 12-16 ounces before each meal as well. Drinking water will aid in the process of burning calories and also helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles in their ability to contract. It’s a win-win!!
3. You have to cut calories to lose weight. It’s plain and simple. I try to stick 800-1000 calories a day during this 3 week period. It has been proven that in order to lose weight you must create a caloric deficit, meaning that you are burning more calories than you eat. This is the magic in making weight loss possible.
4. Cut back on your salt intake. Sure, there’s salt in almost everything. But try to be conscious and consume no more than 1,000 mg per day. Sodium is necessary and is required for your body to function properly, but too much of it can have a negative effect. Sodium attracts and holds water which leads to increased blood volume in turn making your heart work harder. We all want a happy heart!!!
5. This is a hard one, and where most people will fail. Do not eat any complex carbs after breakfast. This includes all grains, breads, oats, etc. Eat simple carbs during the rest of the day, your fruits and vegetables. And of course your healthy doses of proteins and fats.
6. ABSOLUTLEY NO ALCOHOL. I know, I know. But think of the prize at the end of this! It will be well worth it.
7. Vegetables are your friend. These are your freebie foods. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. If you’re hungry or bored, eat veggies!! You will never gain weight or get fat from eating vegetables!!
There you go! My kick-start tips for a bangin’ beach body. Give it a whirl…what have you got to lose??? Nothing, except those unwanted extra pounds!!! Good luck.
Life is better in a bikini!
Get my Soriya Kini here!!