If you’ve seen my past blog posts (here, here and here), then you know I believe that there are numerous health benefits of juicing. Here are a few tips to follow to ensure you are getting the most out of your juice:
· Buy organic wherever possible.
· Always wash your produce first, even if it is organic.
· If your produce is not organic, then peel it before juicing.
· You get the best juice from firm, ripe fruits and vegetables. If it is overripe or too soft, you will extract more pulp than juice.
· Avoid juicing bananas or avocados as they are often too soft and will clog the juicer.
· Green vegetable juice – Limit green juice to 2 oz per glass and fill the rest of the glass with a milder juice, such as carrot or apple. Otherwise you may experience temporary gastric discomfort.
· Beet juice – Limit to 4 oz per glass and fill the rest with a milder juice, such as carrot or apple.
· Citrus – with grapefruit, tangerines and oranges, remove and discard all of the rind, but keep as much of the white pith as possible since it is chock full of nutrients. You can juice lemons and limes whole with their rinds.
Here is my latest go-to recipe for jumpstarting your day with organic juice – the ‘Veggie Delight’. This will help maintain that rocking bikini body while filling your body full of vitamins and nutrients!!! Double bonus!! Grab these ingredients, toss into the juicer and enjoy.
- ½ Tomato
- ¼ Cucumber
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Handful Spinach
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Cup Cabbage
- 1 Green Onion
- Toss in a juicer and go!
Drink up, stay healthy and remember… Life is better in a bikini!!!