The headline you see quite frequently during the first couple months of a new year….strategies on how to become healthier by setting goals and keeping them. Some think resolutions are a terrible way of setting yourself up for disaster – creating unattainable goals that are extremely difficult to maintain. I, on the other hand, prefer to view the cup half full. I take the turn of the new year as an opportunity to make a promise to take charge of my health in the coming year. Read on for my tips on diet, fitness and nutrition to transform your well being and target specific goals…those that as you see progress, keep you wanting more! Set out with determination – and you’re sure to succeed! And see how Yoga can free the soul – and look good while doing so ~ special thanks to PilyQ Swimwear & Magic Carpet Yoga Mats! Bonus – Win this look, read on for details!
Bikini Slayer’s Tips for A Healthy New Year
- Make Small Weight Loss Goals
- Losing just a few pounds can do a whole lot more for you than helping you look better in your favorite jeans – though that’s certainly important. It can also lower your blood pressure, reduce your risk of stroke, ward off dementia, lower your risk for uterine and breast cancer, and lower your cholesterol up to 10%. Those are huge benefits!
- Down the Greens
- Reap the Benefits of my Lean, Green…Garden in a Glass Juice. These super foods are packed full of green goodness and mucho benefits!
- Breathe – It’s a Stress Reliever
- Ask any yogi and they will tell you the same – the breath has a direct connection to the mind and is one of the fastest ways to settle the mind during stressful times. Slow, deep breathing will shift the body’s chemistry from anxious to relaxed – and the best part; you can do this anytime, anywhere!
- Sleep, Sleep…Sheep…Sheep…Sheep
- Sleep helps heal, restore and protect our many intricate systems and vital organ functions and is a necessity for looking good and feeling great! However, many of us suffer from sleep problems…and insomniacs often experience weight gain, detrimental effects to their long-term memory, and increased blood pressure – the #1 cause of aging. If you’re not meeting the mandatory 7-8 hours of sleep, you’ve got some resting to do! Get some rest tonight by getting regular exercise, winding down at night (no caffeine after lunch!) and practice some deep breathing as mentioned above!
- Work It Out
- You don’t need expensive exercise equipment or even a gym membership. There are tons of exercises that you can do at home, in the office and at the beach. Go with the Yoga Flow! You don’t have to practice like a guru to benefit from yoga. Just 10 minutes a day can improve your balance, breathing and flexibility. Yoga is a perfect way to reboot or unwind, depending on what you want it to do for you. See a few of my favorite positions below! Namaste!
Partner Poses – otherwise knows as Acro-Yoga
Now go try some of my favorite techniques and be on your way to a healthier new you! Want to win this amazing Long Sleeve Laser One Piece and a $50 Gift Card to Magic Carpet Yoga Mat? Check out my Instagram for details on how to win!
Life is better in a bikini – always!! ~ Nicole Gargasz